Guided Walks in June and July 2011
18 Jul 2011
A total of seven guided walks were conducted in June and July 2011.
As the students were having their holidays in June, it was possible to conduct guided walks during week days. The walks were conducted on 6, 7, 20 and 21 June.
In July, three walks were conducted on 4, 16 and 17 July.
The breakdown for the number of students and teachers sponsored is as such:
- 6 Jun – 40 from Xinmin Secondary and 40 from Yuan Ching Secondary.
- 7 Jun – 37 from Dunearn Secondary and 36 from Evergreen Secondary.
- 20 Jun – 16 from School of the Arts, 21 from ITE College West, and 6 from various schools.
- 21 Jun – 40 from Dunman High and 40 from Catholic Junior College.
- 4 Jul – 25 from School of the Arts, 15 from Raffles Girls' School and 22 from Anglican High School.
- 16 Jul – 40 from Hwa Chong Institute.
- 17 Jul – 31 from Temasek Junior College, 31 from NUS High and 21 from Madrasah Al Irsyad Al Islam.
Here are some of the interesting organisms spotted during the walks:
Instead of a one-part shell like the snails, or a two-part shell like the clams, or no shells like the octopus and slugs, the chiton has an eight-part shell!
Photos by Ron Yeo.